Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back From Tucson

I am back from Tucson and have returned with some very nice cabochons, pearls, chain and curious products. It was an unusual year in Tucson because they had record breaking cold weather so I was happy to be inside the different venues shopping. The truth is, although cold for Tucson, it was sunny and I was thrilled it was not raining or snowing.
The selection of Cabochons was really good this year. I have brought back to Pouncing Rain very nice Charoite, which is a beautiful and rare purple, with unique swirls, needles and feathers in the stone. We also have beautiful Labradorite, Mookaite , Pietersite, Drusy and some spectacular Kyanite cabochons. I also found some great little oval abalone shells that are beautiful and very inexpensive to practice your bezel setting.
Hold on, there is more! For the first time ever, I was able to find finished solid copper chain. We now carry a good selection of finished copper chain as well as our “by the inch” unfinished copper chain. This chain is solid copper that has been plated copper so it is shinny and very pretty. It also takes a nice patina with liver of sulfur. If you tumble it for awhile, the plating comes off and you can let it patina naturally. With the price of silver so high, I was so happy to see choices in copper chain. I say, “Yippy” for more copper choices.
The number “ONE” most exciting thing I found in Tucson was…antique Steiff Teddy Bear eyes from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. I have a few of these glass eyes in various sizes that I think would be great set in a bezel for a rings or pendants. I know you can think of many uses for them and I am excited to see what everyone does! Please be sure to share photos of your finished work for me to post on our blog cuz, I know you will do fabulous things with these pieces of history.
I just mentioned a few of the new things in the shop that I am excited about, but there is so much more to see. Stop by the shop to see our new “stuff” and say hello.
-Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment