Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Friday March 11th 4:00pm to 7:00 Reception For Hayley Bolstad


Pouncing Rain Jewelry and Metal Center will be holding a receptrion for our "Featured Artist of the Quarter", Hayley Bolstad. The reception will be Friday, March 11th from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. This is a great time to mingle, purchase her pieces and speak with the artist herself. Hayley has a fun and unique style. Incorporating her love of etching, found objects and original themes. Join us for fun and to get to know the artis as well as our community at Pouncing Rain. Refreshments too!

Hayley's Artist Statement
Growing up on San Juan Island was a perfect place to be free from the norm and express oneself creatively. I was lucky enough to grow up with artist parents. Since I was of a young age I knew what made me happy. Art lifted my spirit and was my favorite outlet.

After High School and some break free travel I was left with the incomplete knowledge of having to find an answer to “What’s next?” Sitting in a little bookstore in LaConner browsing the net with key words of my interests I discovered pouncing rain. It was a Wednesday and there was a class in 2 hours. About 3 hours later I was in love with metalsmithing. My adventure began.

Since 2006 I have steadily dabbled in metal work. Etching has enriched my life. Being able to take my drawings and transform them into pendants has been fascinating.

As a thrift store Junkie jewelry making has enabled me to fulfill many of my wants and needs. Spending time searching for those vintage treasures to up-cycle, or finding new bits and pieces to spark projects. What’s more fun than having finished pieces made with that little something you held onto since you were 6. That little something you found on the playground then waited the two weeks till no one clamed it as there own and you could call it yours.

In this world there are many stories to be told. This is mine.


-Hayley Bolstad

No comments:

Post a Comment